Saturday, January 21, 2012

Springtime

Isn't this a beautiful sight? This was taken last year on a trip I made to Holland during their world famous Tulip Festival! Words cannot describe how amazing this place was. Acres and acres of flowers as far as the eye could see. Incredible colors and designs with something more gorgeous around the next corner. I was memorized by the beauty.

  About this time of year I start to get antsy for spring. Colorado is not the place to live if you want an early spring. Snow is much more common in April here than in December. We can have a 65 degree day and then get a foot of snow overnight. Don't get me wrong---I love living in Colorado---but if I had unlimited resources I would move away for the months of March , April and May to a place that has REAL springtime...like Holland.

So today I am going to look at my Holland pictures, and maybe go to my local grocery store and see if I can find a big bunch of tulips to bring home and put a little spring on my dining room table.

Thankful list for today:

Wonderful places to visit in this world
Memories to keep
Pictures to keep those memories alive
The promise of spring every year
Being content to wait for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment