Monday, January 16, 2012

The List continues

Thankful for:

My baby son's 15th birthday today
Chocolate Funny Cake
Tiny little brown birds at the feeder
Wind that sounds like the ocean
Long chats on the phone with a kindred spirit
Sons that kiss me goodbye before leaving for work
The words "I love you" said at each parting
Great smelling shampoo
The ability to walk without searing pain
The realization that everything is going to be ok


Today I venture out on a full day away from my home and off of bed rest. It cannot be avoided. I am taking it slow and have good shoes and inserts in place to protect my feet. I am looking forward to getting out and about, but I am also a little nervous about how I will feel after the day is over. I will still have a birthday party to run once I get back. I will keep you updated on the progress!

The wind is blowing today and for a moment when I awoke this morning I thought I was near the ocean. The wind sounded just like waves crashing against the shore. I am longing for the ocean. Colorado would be perfect if it had an ocean. Maybe I should get my shell collection out and put it in a prominent place, bringing a little of the ocean to me. Just leave the seagulls in Florida---I don't miss them.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Lynn! Happy birthday, Daniel. My, the years have marched on.

    Ocean is close to me, but in the meantime, a quick read of Anne Morrow Lindberg's GIFT FROM THE SEA may satisfy you...or make you long for it more!

    Love you,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete