Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Piercing The Darkness Day

    Today is Piercing the Darkness Day. Participants are to leave encouraging words written on a slip of paper in a place where someone who needs them will find them. It is to be done anonymously, and with much stealth. The premise is to Pierce the Darkness with kind, encouraging words that we could all use.  I am in! I can always use some encouragement and kindness. And to my shame, it seems like I hold back on doing this for others thinking that they will view me as being insincere or corny. Well the heck with that! I am going to see how many people I can encourage today. Who is in?


Thankfulness List

Fresh snow blanketing the forest.
Homemade peach jelly
Glasses that help me to see
The anticipation of getting my shoe inserts today so I can walk painlessly
Cozy fires
Sleepy smiles
The smell of fresh brewed coffee
Seed catalogs in the heart of winter
Amaryllis and paper whites blooming in the bay window while the snow is falling outside

2 comments:

  1. I am, though the words may be vocal. I love hearing appreciative words, so I'm choosing to assume others would, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful ideas you have while your feet are up! Thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete