Saturday, March 7, 2009

So much to do.....

I have been slow to return to this blog in the last few days. It seems that life just sped up to a higher gear and I have been waiting for the return to cruise speed. But I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. So because of sleep issues, and having nothing else to distract me at 4am~~I can return here to jot down some thoughts.

This weekend I have been surrounded by adults and teens alike at a speech competition that my girls are participating in. It is a great group of people who are creative and smart and funny. It has been so wonderful to see the friendships made and the memories being created.

But I also found myself being critical of some things that I have seen, and witnessed some pretty bad behaviour on the part of some involved in the meet. Short tempers, rude speech and some pretty ugly displays that have added up to unkindness. And my spirit tends to be critical alot of the time....I can always see what is wrong....I always think I can do it better. I hate that!

So this morning I am making a vow to try to work on this critical side of me that I do not like. I want to speak words of life into others---not gossip,encourage~~~~ not tear down,build up ~~~not bring down. No easy task when you can "see how much better you could do it" or know that "this is really not the way it ought to be done!!!!"

I want to find the verses in the Bible that will help me walk through this vow and put them to memory....so that they can flash in front of my brain when I start to gossip or complain.

Dear Lord---Help me as I am weak and need your reminding and your strength to make this vow a part of my life---EVERY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment