Friday, March 20, 2009

Our President

Ok-----don't get me wrong....I would wonder this if McCain had won and this was happening. What in the world is the President of the United States doing on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno? Will this be the way that the current administration talks to Americans? I just don't get it.

Jay Leno is crass and vulgar, interviews some of the most bizarre people in the news and doesn't seem to really add anything to our nation except a handful of poorly written jokes. And our President appears on his show? Is Oprah next---or maybe Dr. Phil or Jerry Springer?

Is this the way that America is going to find out what is going on in Washington---through Late Night Comedy Shows? Whose idea was this? The PR people at the White House are sure needing to get a little higher standard for public display of our President!

And while I am on it.....Michelle Obama was visiting a school yesterday in Washington D.C. In the photo op. the room was filled with young black students all talking with her. Mrs. Obama was talking about her struggling in school and working hard for her "A". She was recorded as saying "I got teased my whole life for talking funny like a white girl----that did not stop me from getting my "A"!" Hmmmmmm! Should that talk bug me? I kinda does---not because I talk funny or anything.....but can you imagine if the table was reversed and something about a black person was compared........Shouldn't everyone get outraged over unfair statements.....even if we are white?

No comments:

Post a Comment