Wednesday, April 8, 2009

People

People are funny. I have tried to figure them out all my life---but I am always found lacking. My newest wonder with people is something that has puzzled me many times before---but always when it presents itself, I am always surprised!

Why would anyone take a job working with the public when they don't like people? Case in point----today while checking out at Walmart, the cashier helping me was a 20's something young lady. She was sullen and somber----rude actually----and even my 13 year old notice her behaviour. My question is always the same----if you dislike people so much why do you take a job that involves people ALL the time? I doubt it was just a bad day in her case---she just seemed like a sullen, somber person who was bothered that I had gotten in her lane.

I can bet you that if she was offered 1 million dollars to pick me out of a line-up---she would be unable--that is how little she looked at me. She grunted when I talked to her, and did not thank me for pointing out to her that she undercharged me for 4 items. She did not help with any of the bags and seemed put out that I needed to let her see my credit card. Now tell me this---where was her manager----where was the hidden camera monitoring her? In this age of unemployment and people out of work----don't you think that there would be a line of people willing to take her job and be kind and considerate to the customers?

I smiled at her and talked to her and will continue to be kind to sullen, somber cashiers....but I will still always wonder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment