Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Voice

So last night I slowly lost my voice. I had gotten a little under the weather as the week had progressed since I was in Maryland with sick grand kids. And as the sickness got progressively worse---my voice disappeared. So this morning I could only whisper. Now this is not really good when you have 7 kids at home---6 needing to be home schooled---and lots and lots to do.

Today I was going to give an oral quiz in geography and also do spelling tests and math flash cards. I usually read for about 45 minutes every morning to the kids from a Bible story book, This Day in History book, and a novel----this month's selection is The Day No Pigs Would Die.
But since I could only whisper I decided to postpone the quiz, spelling tests and any other thing that would require talking on my part.

But I had this great idea to let the kids read out loud from the books I read from every morning. I did not think they would want to miss a chapter---esp. in the novel since they all seem to enjoy this particular story. But boy was I wrong! They all let out a collective moan and swore that they did not want to listen to someone else read---esp. since they would not get the voices right!!! They wanted to wait till I got to feeling better and to please not make them read!!!!

Awwwww! I was really touched by that. They DO like to hear me read. They aren't just sleeping or tuning out while I drone on and on for 45 minutes! What a bunch of sweet kids!

But I still made them read---cause I wanted to know what happened in the next chapter!!!

2 comments: